3.23.2014

New Artist Statement


I am a multi-faceted Atlanta artist who makes performances, installations, drawings, and other art objects that are influenced by my life, dreams, and control.
Throughout my art career, my performances have incorporated various forms of social control. Lately I’ve been concentrating on affecting the audiences’ experience with my performances. My center has shifted from what I experience (and if my field of vision contains beauty) to what the audience sees happening, and what they feel and see.
 I am a mentally ill, single mom of a 4 year old, and my art reflects that. I am excited that lately I’ve been working on a performance and drawings with my son. He’s been in my performances before, but this is the first time he knows what a performance is and is making decisions about it. We shall see how that goes…

No comments: