1.29.2009

labour free process notes

I accidentally did a fertility ritual through my performances this past summer, and now I am pregnant. Because of this phenomenon, I'm worried that my art can predict the future. I want to express some of the conflicts that exist around my pregnancy, but I'm afraid this will harm the baby.
This sketch will try to balance a ritual of eliminating conflict, and producing positivity for me and other members of our culture.

Friday, January 30
I woke up angry and I've been crying all morning. Can I pull myself together enough to go work on this installation? I am going to try... Beware, this piece is bound to be full of messes. Earlier, I had a vision of me laying on a fetal position in the space crying [instead of doing actual art]. I am going to keep this from happening.

Saturday, January 31
The space is beautiful! I am so glad I got to work in the space yesterday. I really enjoyed playing with the materials, and I realized that by moving them around and making new configurations, this functioned as a performance. There were some beautiful moments. I decided to make an audio recording, which I am about to edit, and the result will be my sound scape for the performance. I had wanted to borrow a cordless lapel mic from my baby daddy, but he hates me again now. So, I won't worry too much about live audio output.

No comments: